When I was 7-years-old the thought of visiting the cemetery scared me. Just like when I used to have my grandparents appear in my dreams, it would scare me, when really it should comfort me as a sign that they are looking over me.
On Thursday 22nd June 2017 the day had arrived for Ed Sheeran playing at the O2 London for it’s 10th birthday. Ed Sheeran is one of the singers that’s on my list of people to see. The list also includes: Beyoncé (who is now ticked off), John Legend, and Alicia Keys.
Looking back I am not ashamed to say that I was a girl who was a lot more insecure and gullible than I am now.
I didn’t know how to be the most fun teen around – just like now, my friends always seem to have these exciting lifestyles, and that’s okay. I actually love my life even if there are things I want to improve at the moment.
Ah, the school holidays. One minute you’re a kid and you’re splashing around the pool, running up and down the street, and not having a care in the world.
Nowadays, I can’t really say that I have favourite bands. For me, there’s no one around like the good old bands of the 90s like there used to be. I can still listen to these bands and sing away just like I’m a child all over again. Let’s reminisce, starting with the best girl band of all-time…
- Say You’ll Be There
- Spice Up Your Life
- Who Do You Think You Are?
- Viva Forever
- Too Much
- 2 Become 1
- Spice World (the movie)
- Dressing up as Baby Spice for a competition on holiday and winning!
- My blue SPICE top – I have a photo of me wearing this somewhere
- 5, 6, 7, 8
- Last Thing on My Mind
- Summer of Love
- It’s The Way You Make Me Feel
- Here and Now
- I had a poster on my bedroom wall at my auntie and uncle’s house
- I used to love dancing to 5, 6, 7, 8 on the dance mat – I actually danced to this song on a night out the other weekend!
- Buzz was one of my favourite albums
- You Are
- Whole Again
- Eternal Flame
- The Tide Is High
- Feel So Good
- The Last Goodbye
- It’s OK!
- Someone Like Me
- If You Come To Me
- Getting that Whole Again CD
- Granny and Grandad knowing that I loved to sing Eternal Flame
- Dad playing their albums all the time because he knew how much I loved them
Beyoncé (still my all-time favourite female singer)
- Cater 2 U
- Bills, Bills, Bills
- Say My Name
- Jumpin’ Jumpin’
- Independent Woman
- Singing Say My Name on my karaoke
- Wanting to dress like them
- Wanting to be as flawless as Beyoncé
A year ago today, Daniel lost his beautiful nana, as she joined heaven to be with his grandad. Others who are missing their nana will be able to relate to this post.