As many of you already know, I am fundraising for the British Heart Foundation (BHF). I am doing this in order to raise more awareness about all the things that the charity aim to find more research on that affects our hearts.
Fundraising from the love of my heart
I want to do something more than I have done before. I am participating in my first 10k run. It’s going to be difficult with a lot of training involved. However, I am adamant that I am going to finish this run, whether I walk, skip or run!
Knowing that I can do something to help with heart research keeps me motivated. Especially when loved ones have lost their life due to such sadenning health conditions. I want to give something back for my gratefulness of being in this world.
Not only am I doing this run in memory of all of my grandads, but for everyone out who has or is experiencing serious heart conditions.
Did you know?
- Every week, 2,000 families in the UK lose a loved one to heart disease.
- Heart disease is the UK’s single biggest killer.
- Some people think coronary heart disease only affects men, but it affects women as well.
- BHF tell us that, each day, our hearts beat about 100,000 times.
- Some of the main factors that can increase the risk of coronary heart disease are: smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes, being physically inactive, and several more.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you have time, please visit my JustGiving page. For more information please visit BHF’s website. Your heart is one of the most important organs in your body. Remember the points I mentioned above when thinking about your lifestyle choices.