Ah, worrying over the little things is more common with people than you think. I like to think I’m a lot more in control of my worrying mind nowadays and that my ridiculously worrying days are over. For the most part that’s true but there are still small parts of me where the worrier in me remains. Maybe not always ‘worry’ but a constant wonder, you know?
Take the things that haven’t even happened yet. I get a sense of fear when thinking about seeing certain people in a sudden situation. Or, I still hold onto the wonder of what someone thinks of me if they see me. It’s weird because I know damn right that the person on the other side wouldn’t even have a care in the world.
Here’s what I (and you if you’re in the same boat) need to remember…
- There are amazing things happening in your life right now, try to spend more time focusing on those.
- Time spent worrying is often time wasted. Use your time wisely and think about the happiest things in your life.
- Whenever something’s getting to you (even though it probably shouldn’t), talk to someone because it will help.
- You can always write about your thoughts, just like me. Writing definitely is my therapy as it helps me to release what’s on my mind.
- Whenever you figure out the small triggers of your worry, try to distance yourself from them without giving them too much attention.
Living with your partner can help to reduce the negative thoughts and wonder going through your mind. They want you to be happy so don’t forget how lucky you are to have a home together and to cherish their company with every chance you get.
Hold onto the closest people in your life, they’ll always help you to see the brighter side to life, no matter what’s going on. A short and sweet post but something to think about, right?
I hope this post helps you if you’ve been worrying about the little things.